Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wireless Routers and Def Leppard

One thing you should do before your loved ones die is WRITE DOWN ALL OF THEIR PASSWORDS somewhere. I wish I had. You will too when nothing in your life can be accessed any more.

My J had passwords on EVERYTHING. Even the passwords have passwords. There's all kinds of firewalls and security things. We have more security than Ft. Knox. I'm surprised he didn't have the toilets password protected. If he had thought of it, he would have tried it I'm sure.

I have inherited all his computers and all their security measures. I have absolutely no idea what any of it is. The computers are hooked to little boxes that have flashing lights - some green - some blue. I don't know what they are. I'm afraid to touch them. I did finally figure out which one was the cable modem. Eventually I even figured out how to restart it without calling the cable company first. At the moment, I'm searching for a Wireless Router. I'm pretty sure it's here somewhere.

A lot of times J tried to explain all this stuff to me, but I would just glaze over and nod and say "ok" at the appropriate times. I should have listened. I should have paid attention. Now I have no clue what to do. Luckily, I'm not too stupid, so I can google and there are manuals here. I'll figure it all out one of these days. Either that or I'll just unhook it all, take it to the dump and start over.

Go now, and write down all your passwords to EVERYTHING. Make copies of the lists and put them in different places. Someday, someone will die when you least expect it, and they'll take all the passwords with them if you don't write them down.

So where does Def Leppard fit into all this?

They don't. I was just in the mood for some Def Leppard tonight.

Here's some music to keep you company while you're writing down your passwords (2 songs):




No comments: