Saturday, October 4, 2008

Stay Back. I might have "New Money"...

Welcome Saturday Night Losers.

It has come to my attention that I forgot about the meeting last week. Sorry about that. I'm sure it wasn't because I was out having a life anywhere. I'll do better. Hugs?

Actually, I'm warning everyone to stay back. Stay far, far back. The allergies continue to rage on (in spite of medication), and today I have total Larry-gitis (that's "laryngitis" for all you non-speech path majors). I can't speak above a whisper.

So tonight, I get this frantic e-mail from my Mom (she's a new computer user). She wants to know if she should open an e-mail that says "SPAM" on it. So I e-mail her back immediately and ask what else does it say (in the title of course). She e-mails me back and says to be careful because my allergy attack could easily turn into "new money" (that is exactly what the e-mail said).

For real?? Let me run outside and breathe in some ragweed right quick. I could use some cash about now.

Did you figure out what it means yet?

That's Mom-speak for "pneumonia". She also told me to be sure to drink a lot of fluids, so that I don't get "dehydoration". I should keep a list of the best Mom-speak words and phrases. Dad and I have been cracking up for years over the things she says so innocently that turn out to be a riot. Mom is a natural-born comedian who has no clue that she is so funny.

So stay back. Stay as far back as you can. I think I might be coming down with the "New Money" that is if I don't dehydorate first.

I still have last night's song stuck in my head. Well, the only cure is to kill it off with another song. And this one will kill it for sure. You might as well have it stuck in your head too.

(Public Service Announcement: Mungo Jerry and I do not encourage drinking and driving. I know that's what they said, but I feel sure they know better now that the 70s are over.)

No comments: