Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I heart my iPod Touch

Can I just say how freaking much I love my iPod Touch? It is the best thing ever and almost the best invention ever - it hasn't knocked off indoor plumbing which still takes the #1 spot on my best invention list.

I'm seriously a music maniac. I have some kind of music playing all day and practically all night too. I just discovered the best thing ever:

www.lastfm.com

It's one of those internet radio station places where you set-up a list of music that you like, and then they recommend songs that you might like based on your list. It's pretty dang good. Just about everything they've recommended for me has been spot on. I think I've only banned two songs from my library, and they were really obscure. Some of the music I heard on there today was stuff that I had liked a long time ago and had forgotten about - like Elastica (see their song called "Connection").

The best thing about LastFM is that they have a free app for the iPhone and iPod Touch that lets you listen on your nifty little piece of technology (if you can ever connect to the wifi which I STILL can't seeing as how J took the password with him to eternity). But I can connect to it in other places, so it's still pretty cool.

I wish I could have a job where I just play with my iPod all day. Do they have jobs like that?

So yesterday, I went to Sears and bought the BIG Ass tote bag/purse that I've been stalking for a few days. I just couldn't justify to myself buying yet another big bag, but I was kinda depressed over Mr. Charming (that I had kicked him to the curb or so I thought). Sometimes, retail therapy is the only thing that actually helps when you have man problems. This bag just makes you want to die (channeling my inner Rachel Zoe there). It's this burgundy/maroon faux croc bag. Has a padded laptop section inside and a cell phone pocket that actually works (somebody had their thinking cap on the day they designed that).

I decided that since I was facing the possibility of never hearing from Mr. Charming ever again that I would actually pay full price for my dream bag. So I went to Sears and just got it. Lo and freakng behold, when I checked out, it was 40% off! Could you just die? It was like a sign that I should have it. And then later last night, I got Mr. Charming back too. I should have went straight out and bought lottery tickets. With the luck I was having yesterday, I might be sitting on the beach in Bermuda typing this through a wifi that actually works right now.

I seriously think that my cat has lost his mind. He's licking a box in the closet - a cardboard box that has nothing but some papers in it. Why do cats do things like that? What would he be getting from licking a cardboard box? I mean I know like caribou lick rocks to get salt. It just makes me wonder about cats. Maybe it's just this particular cat? Who knows?

Anyway, I emailed Mr. Charming just to say goodnight and that I was headed off to bed. Hope it puts me in his mind before he goes to sleep. ;-)

Here's some Elastica for you tonight (2 songs). Chick Music Rules!



No comments: