I have cabin fever something fierce from being stuck in the house sick all weekend. Blah. But the good news is that the sneezing seems to have finally stopped, but I'm still hoarse.
It's been pretty much boring around here, but I've gotten some good sleep. Maybe I just needed to catch up on some Zzzzs for a bit? And I found a really cool list maker app for the iPod. I seriously don't know how I have lived with out my iPod Touch. I freaking love technology. I'm such a gadget girl.
I saw on MSN today a big article about overrated and underrated technology. Surprise, surprise. All of the Apple stuff was overrated. Like we couldn't see that one coming. Come on Bill G. We know what you're up to. I think you might just be a teensy bit jealous because all the Apple people are having fun hanging in the cool club. LOL. Come on Bill. Come over to the dark side. You know you want to...
Oh and I just want to say this: TITANS ARE 5-0 BABY!!!
Dang, J is missing it all. But it would be way worse if the Vikings were 5-0, and J was missing it. He waited so long for his beloved Vikings to win a Super Bowl. But it never happened.
Ooh, that made me think of a good story. One time J and I went on vacation up to Niagara Falls. It was really nice, but seriously, how long can one person stand and watch water falling before they get seriously bored? Well for us, it was less than one day. So we hopped in the car and headed for Boston. J was sick all that day, so I wound up driving the Massachusetts turnpike all on my own. It was one continuous construction zone and down to one lane nearly the whole way. I was a nervous wreck. J was just certain that there would be tours of his beloved Boston Garden (he was a HUGE Celtics fan). We trekked all the way downtown to the Garden one afternoon. When we arrived, there was one security guard out front and no sign of any tours. We asked the guard about it, but he told us that no one was allowed inside. There were no tours.
Now one thing about me is that I might not stick up for myself, but nobody messed with J ever. I would tear up the world for him.
I look over at him and see that he is totally crushed. So I tell the security guard literally in one continuous breath:
"Look he was sick all day yesterday and I had to drive the whole entire Massachusetts turnpike downhill through construction all by myself with 18-wheelers baring down on my bumper all day and I have severe anxiety and was terrified and he had to peel my white knuckles off the steering wheel and then we rode the subway all the way in from Natick and we've never been on a subway before so we didn't know if we would be murdered or robbed at any moment because we are from rural Tennessee and we don't have subways in rural Tennessee but they are pretty cool and who knew they would be safe and clean and we came all this way because J worships at Larry Bird's feet because LB is the greatest basketball player of all time and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Boston it is so amazing here and the people are so nice we would move here if we could because it is the best place on earth couldn't you please just let us in for like 5 minutes we swear we will never mention that you let us in and we will not go beserk or do any damage he just has to at least go in because we might not ever get another chance ever again oh please I have money and we rode the subway and everything just for Larry Bird pleeeeeeaaaaasssseee."
And the security guard melted like ice in the desert. He let us in.
We got to walk down on the actual parquet flooring of the one and only Boston Garden (the old one that was torn down). I looked at J, and he had the biggest smile I've ever seen. It went from ear to ear. He looked like a little kid standing there looking up at all those championship flags above the court. I could have died right there at center court and been happy for all eternity. I knew what that meant to him. We were going in there if I had to whack that guard on the head to do it. Luckily, he was a sucker for a crazy woman with a pitiful story.
Anyway, there's no real point to the story. Just a nice memory that sprang to mind. That's now making me cry.
I'll just move on to the music now. I really wanted a happy song today, so I found this one. I had forgotten how much I really like it. It doesn't get much happier than a beat up old car loaded down with chickens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment