Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ssshhh... Don't read so loudly

I just got home from day #2 of the "No Wimps" Workout. The only places on my body that don't hurt are my eyelashes and my hair. I rode TEN MILES on the stationary bike, walked two laps, and did a few minutes of the Elliptical machine. Hey, I tried. It's just so freaking painful to get on that thing for very long. I don't know how the guys (J and MG) are on that thing full force for 20 minutes plus. I think I'll just have to keep at it. Eventually it will get easier.

I was seriously surprised to find that I was pissed off royally today. I had no idea. I know that sounds odd, but lately I don't let myself feel my emotions. It's been hard since J died to let myself feel very much because the pain is just about unbearable. But once I was on that stationary bike and had some angry music going, I realized that I was really, really angry - at the whole world, at J, at myself, at my life, at the random guy on the bike next to me, at the cute little skinny blonde who walked by. I pretty much was hating on the entire universe. Sorry for hating everyone. That anger pushed me 10 miles and 30 minutes on that bike at full force. It was actually harder to stop than it was to keep going. And I loved every freakin' minute of it. I found a new way to burn off the steam besides driving like a maniac in the Car of Rage. It's a really good time to think too. I did a lot of thinking in that 30 minutes and whole lot of sweating too. Sweat is actually not such a bad thing.

I feel a lot better mentally and emotionally - definitely a lot calmer and clearer-headed. But law mercy, my thighs hurt like hell. If I keep this up, one of these days I'm going to have the best thighs on the planet. And then the little skinny blondes of the world will be hating on me. I can hardly wait. Nah-nah-nah.

I have a goal too. It's to reach hot mama status. I'm not quitting until I'm one hot mama. Everytime I got sweaty and tired, I thought about my goal and kept right on going. LOL

What has happened to the L who was such a lazy-bones-couch-potato-blend-into-the-wallpaper-scaredy-cat?

I think she may have lost her freaking mind. She's definitely not someone I recognize, but I'm kinda liking her. She's feisty, tough as nails, willing to try pretty much anything, not above a little mischief, and can say no without feeling guilty about it. And she's not as guarded with people as she used to be. Sometimes, the wall still goes up, but it's ok. It'll come back down given a little time and patience. I wonder what my J would think of the new L? I know he'd definitely like all the sass. :-D

Anyway, it's starting to hurt to type. But what to have for the music tonight? I've debated back and forth for a bit. It's gotta be something with some sass, a little anger, and to die for. I gave you a double dose of Rocco last night, so the only other one that fits the criteria is Kenny Wayne Shepherd. I love KWS. And he's really, really easy on the eyes.

Play the blues baby. Make it hurt.

No comments: