Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Night Loser's Club - Episode 4

Hey Kids! It's your favorite time of the week! Yep, time for another episode of The Saturday Night Loser's Club. (Applause)

Thanks for tuning in tonight. Let's get up in some business to start things off.

The Unveiling of the Big Name Change:
I changed the name of the blog because, frankly, I hated the first name. It was random. I was on drugs back then, so cut me some slack on a bad choice. (Drugs meaning sleeping pills not crack or anything like that.) The address for the blog is staying the same because I have no idea how to change it. And I might never find the blog again if I did change it. So whatever. The new name is shorter and is one of those double-meaning kind of things. I love when that happens. Think on it awhile. Maybe it will come to you what all the layers of meanings are on the new name.

Guess what? I'm not pissed off today. Nothing in particular happened to cheer me up. I haven't accomplished much today. I did remember (at the last possible second) to mail off the sales tax form that must go in the mail today. So that was good. Then I got my Mom a birthday present.

I did have a random thing happen today. I was driving along in town and looked up in my rearview mirror to see a very large mannequin staring at me over the roof of a pickup truck behind me. Obviously, I'm not letting this get by without a good look. So I pull over into the left hand lane and slow down for him to catch up to me. I whip out the cell phone and snap a photo as he drives by. The driver had this huge naked mannequin in the back of his truck. It must have been at least 6 feet tall or more. I'd give anything to know what's up with that, but he turned right and went on down the road. Maybe he was taking it out for a joyride? Or lunch? Or shopping for clothes? Maybe it was hitching, and he felt sorry for it? Maybe it was holding him hostage? Maybe he was in his Truck of Rage, and they had been out burning off some steam on the 4-lane?

Oh man, the ideas! Wonder where one would buy, pick up or get held hostage by a gigantic naked mannequin?

I haven't figured out how to get the photo off my phone yet. If I do, I'll plop it up here.

Speaking of Vehicles of Rage, I was having a little nap this afternoon when I had the most HORRIBLE nightmare. I dreamed/dreamt (I don't know which word is correct so you get both) that someone had stolen the Car of Rage. OMG, I know! It was horrible! I was dreaming that J and I were standing in the kitchen of our second apartment. There were boxes everywhere. We must have just moved in (which makes no sense because we owned nothing when we lived in the second apartment). But anyway, the nextdoor neighbors had stolen the Car of Rage. When I went out to the garage, the only thing that was there was a big black blanket lying on the ground. I unfolded the blanket and inside there were 3 full page ads that need to run in the phone book. I was just looking at them and thinking how nice all the blacks had printed. Then I burst out crying because my beloved Car of Rage was gone.

It was awful! I had to wake myself up and go to the window just to make sure it wasn't real. Thankfully, the Car of Rage was sitting in her garage all safe and sound. Talking about it again is getting me all anxious. I might need to go check one more time to be on the safe side.

So anyway, I went and looked this up on the dream dictionary. Here's what it said:

To dream that your car has been stolen, indicates that you are being stripped of your identity. This may relate to losing your job, a failed relationship, or some situation which has played a significant role in your identity and who you are as a person.

Hmmmm... I don't think I'm about to lose my job - unless there's something I don't know about. Would death count as a failed relationship? It definitely has played a significant role in my identity and who I am as a person. Dang, was I just dreaming about death again?

Maybe it's just the fear of having another big loss in my life? I think I'll just pop out and check on the Car of Rage one more time.

J's mom called again. I let it go to voicemail. I can't deal with that this weekend. I'm not sure why I've almost completely stopped answering the phone. Mom and Dad called. My friend M called twice. I even missed two text messages that would have had me out doing something fun today. I just let them all go to voicemail. I just freeze up when the phone rings. I was actually relieved when the cell battery died. I just can't deal with that phone anymore. It's stressing me out really badly. I know people are starting to worry though which just makes them hover. I can't deal with the hovering either.

Maybe I'm getting phobic of the phone? Just another reason to keep the shrink on the payroll, I guess.

Anyway, I spent my Saturday night watching the replay of Wednesday night's "Project Runway" and blowing up my new exercise ball. I sure didn't need any exercise after blowing that thing up. My arms were killing me. It took me nearly a half-hour to get it done. (And no, I didn't get to the fitness center this morning. I slept in instead. lol)

Not much else to say, so I'll just put up the music for tonight. I was digging around in some old stuff and found Meredith Brooks again. I had forgotten how much I love her. But I'm not posting that tonight. Go look her up on You Tube. She's awesome (See "Bitch", "What would happen", "Shatter" - all great).

Nope tonight is all about the hairbrush music. Yep, I resorted to hairbrush karaoke again tonight. It's sort of becoming a nightly ritual - blog followed by an hour or so of Hairbrush Karaoke. Last night it was all about Pink. I love her too. She will kick your butt.

Tonight's hairbrush karaoke song goes out to a couple of people in my life. You know who you are. Or at least you should.

No comments: