Thursday, September 11, 2008

I got a lot on my mind tonight

I really do. I think maybe I should just do a list. It'll be easier that way. Plus it's late, and for once I'm actually sleepy. And I am NOT missing a chance to sleep.

1. Today's Randomness: So I ordered a pizza after work because my friend S was coming over to the house tonight. When I went in to pick it up, the lady at the cash register asked me if I had come to claim the "odd" pizza.

Odd?

It was half black olives, bacon and mushrooms and half green olives and mushrooms. Is that odd? This lead to a big discussion about why no meat on the other half. I don't eat pigs. Pork gives me a migraine. Then out of the clear blue sky, Miss Cashier actually says to me "I like the beef and bacon combo myself, but it makes me POOT."

WTH? I know she didn't just say it makes her POOT? Then she says "Yeah, and my friends always have to leave right after." I think I may be more surprised that she actually has friends who come over rather than the fact that they leave. Must be some kind of lethal explosive combo that beef and bacon? Reason #2 not to eat pigs. They make you poot.

2. Movie: Tonight S and I watched the movie "Secondhand Lions". Oh mercy, it was sooo good. I highly recommend it. It's all about living - really living. It's definitely on the keep list. We both laughed and cried - the mark of a truly good movie.

3. Backwards: It has come to my attention that I'm blogging backwards. I write first. Then I go out and post a video. So the video that goes with the post is on top. So it's out of order when you read it. It looked right in the list on the left hand side of the page. I haven't decided if I want to change yet. The rebellious side of me doesn't want to change just to play by the rules. We'll see what happens.

4. Headache: I'm getting one. I think a piece of bacon slipped onto my side of the "Odd" pizza. You might want to get out now before the pooting starts.

5. Hair and the Universe: Yes, yes, yes - hair again. I hate my hair. I hate my hair. I HATE my hair. The bangs are too short. The rest is too long. Some of it's flipping out. Some of it's turning under. I wouldn't be surprised if it just stood straight up on it's ends at some point like the Bride of Frankenstein.

The universe is off kilter again.

6. I AM NOT getting another dog: Why does everyone think I need another dog? I can't make the one I have happy. Why would I want two pissed off dogs? I went to the doctor on Tuesday to see about getting better meds to help me sleep. So Doctor says to me "Why aren't you sleeping? Didn't you get a dog?" What? I don't care. Even if you write it down on that prescription, I am not getting another god. I mean it. I really do.

7. Phone Calls: At the top of my list of things I hate the most, #1 is SPIDERS, #2 is my hair, and #3 is the telephone/cell phone. I can't stand to talk on it. I don't like to hear it ring. The only thing it's useful for is Verizon time. It's the only way to know what time it really is in the world. And sometimes, it does come in handy for an extra alarm clock when you've had sleeping pills and have to get up to go to work. Otherwise, the phone is just a necessary evil to me. So tonight while I have company, my phone rings 12 times. TWELVE SEPARATE PHONE CALLS! (Yes, I meant to scream.) My phone never rings like that until I have company. I think one of the calls was from Ex. He's the only one I know with that area code. He didn't leave a message. Figures. I know. I can turn it off, but I have old people in my life. They might need something. I can't just leave them to fend for themselves. Stupid phone.

8. Clothes: I am going to make a big hole in the yard. Then I am going to take all my clothes and lay them in the hole. And then I am going to set fire to it. I hate my clothes. My clothes hate me more. On the upside, I have lost 15 lbs., so my new clothes will be a size smaller. The new clothes will love me, and I will love them. We will be very happy together.

9. Moody?: Maybe. A little. I make no apologies for it. #1: I'm a woman. It's in the handbook that I can be moody on occasion. #2: I'm hormonal. See the handbook. #3: I'm a Cancer. By nature, we are moody people - very sensitive and emotional. Look it up. I am my sign. Sometimes, I just need to crawl back in my little shell and hide. #4: I'm grieving.

And besides, I'm getting a headache and expecting to have poots soon.

10. Order: Just throwing in a 10 to keep things in order. Lists can't just end with nine. It just doesn't seem right.

Sweet dreams to Mr. Hotness and all.

No comments: