Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday Night Loser's Club - Episode #2

Here it is already Saturday night again. Time for another episode of the Saturday Night Loser's Club.

I have to say since I had some decent chemically induced sleep last night that I'm feeling a lot better today. No blues tonight.

Nope. On the agenda tonight: dancing and singing into the hairbrush. There's been microwave Mac n' Cheese for dinner, and a big black cat sitting on the keyboard. There was an intermission to go out and pet Big W (who is STILL pouting). I just can not make that dog happy. I'd bring him inside, but he'd just eat the furniture. I really don't know what else to do with him. Maybe he needs a girlfriend? He's had "the surgery", so it can't be that. I am not getting another dog. I am not getting another dog. I AM NOT getting another dog. I mean it. I really do.

Here's what's been on the playlist tonight (in case you are wondering - yes, I really do sing into the hairbrush and dance too):

Cruel Summer - Bananarama

You're No Good - Linda Ronstadt (Amazingly, it is hard to distinguish my own voice from Linda's LOL)

Fantasy - Mariah Carey

We Belong Together - Mariah Carey

Creep - TLC

Crazy in Love - Beyonce

It's No Crime - Babyface

Are You that Somebody - Aaliyah

I Drove All Night - Cyndi Lauper

Breathless - The Corrs

What have I done to Deserve This - Pet Shop Boys with Dusty Springfield
(which turned into an hour of just Dusty Springfield followed by some Lesley Gore. I love Dusty so much. Love her amazing voice.)

Black Velvet - Alannah Myles (BEST HAIRBRUSH SONG EVAH)

Fell in Love with a Boy - Joss Stone

I'm kinda hoarse now from all the singing and kinda winded from all the dancing.

Then I came across my new favorite song tonight. I'm a little embarrassed to say what it is cause I'm a hardcore Nine Inch Nails kind of girl. Can you stand to hear it? It's kinda sappy and all 16 year old schoolgirly.

It's "Crush" by David Archuleta. Yes, David Archuleta from AI. I have to say that I really didn't like him on AI. All that singing with his eyes closed and the "Oh you like me" shock faces really didn't make me want to vote for him. His dad didn't help either. And I didn't vote for him. I was a David Cook fan - and Brooke White too.

But I saw some people on a message board that I hang out on talking about this song. So I You Tubed it. Well crap, it's really good. If I were 16, I'd be all about David Archuleta because of this song I think. But I'm long, long past 16. Still it's a very sweet song and a really nice voice. He did a great job with it, and I'm hooked. I'm off to iTunes to snag it for myself.

I know if anyone was reading any of this blog they would think I'm completely insane. But this is really what grief is like - one day lower than dirt, the next day singing and dancing. It's craziness 24/7.

One more thing, I talked to J's cousin D today. She's the best! The one other person on the planet who is nearly as sad as me about losing J. Sweet D, it helped so, so much to talk to you today. I'm sorry I kept you late. I knew you'd understand. You're pretty much the only one who really does. The angel sounds perfect. I know J would love it. I don't think you have any idea how much it meant to J that you came up for his tv show and spent the night at our house. He was beyond thrilled - even if he did throw up all night and all the next day. That was one of the two times he'd ever been sick - ever. But if you hadn't been here, he would have gotten up and dragged himself off to work. You know it. I love you girl. You are welcome here any time. I'll see you in a couple of weeks or so - whenever I can get the courage up to go to the cemetery.

Well, I think I feel another round of Cyndi Lauper coming on. Party on Saturday Night Losers.

No comments: