Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Not Daylight Saving Time

I love it when we get to "fall back" an hour. It just feels right.

I missed the Saturday Night Loser's club. Sorry about that. I was chatting on-line with some buds and got busy.

Friday night I went to see Nine Inch Nails in concert. Unbelievable! Amazing! Awesome! I can't even think of words to describe it. Just to see my man, Trent Reznor, live in the flesh. Oh mercy! He could have read the phone book, and I'd have been happy. They played a lot of stuff off "Year Zero" which is my absolute favorite NIN album/halo.

But I have to say that the opening act was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! It's a band called "Health". Sorry guys, but that was the worst bunch of crap I've ever heard in my life. We sat there with our fingers in our ears for 35 minutes. It was the longest 35 minutes of my entire life. I was ready to give them $20 just to stop playing. I know it was "experimental" music, but man, at least try to play a song. That was just random noise. The drummer was really good. He beat the drums so hard that you could feel it down in your stomach. The keyboard was just laying on the stage, so the keyboard player had to get down on his hands and knees to play. Then one guy's whole entire job was to act like he was punching the drum set with his fist. Every so often, he would get on the floor and turn some knobs. Not sure what that was about. The one guitar player strummed the same chord over and over and over. He was also the singer (I'm being generous calling him a singer). He basically screamed into the mike the entire time - and not screaming like loud singing. It was screaming like you're being chased by monsters. Anyway, they need to change their name from "Health" cause they were making us all sick. They got boo'd a few times.

I haven't heard from Mr. Charming in a couple of days. He is off having to travel for work and wasn't sure if he would get internet access. But he said he'd call when he got a chance. So hopefully I will hear from him soon. He called 3 times last week, and we spent most of friday afternoon texting back and forth. He was worried on friday about me going to the concert. He texted me to tell me that I should go buy some hearing protection. So sweet! Did I already say this? Maybe I did. I don't know. It's late.

I've been trying to write a "Grief Letter" for a couple of days now. It's so hard. I had no idea even where to start. It's supposed to be a letter that I write and then give out to all my friends and family. It's about how I feel right now and how they can help me. I don't know. I just mostly want to say "Somebody fix this", but I know they can't. If I get it finished, I'll throw it up here for the universe to read too.

Oh well, off to bed with ya. It's very late. No tunes tonight, sorry. I'll try to get back on the tunes soon though.

No comments: