Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Belated Thanksgiving...

What a week!

I've been sick since last friday with something horrible, so Monday I spent the ENTIRE day at the doctor's office (10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. ridiculous). Found out that I had bronchitis that was trying to turn into pneumonia and my lungs were not completely inflated. So they gave me a breathing treatment and sent me home with an inhaler, cough syrup that knocks me out flat, and antibiotics. Not having your lungs completely inflated hurts like hell.

I was still sick tuesday and feeling better wednesday, but still weak and drugged out from the cough syrup and still really sore. I can breathe again. FINALLY!

Yesterday was the day of my first date with Mr. Charming. I was not about to miss that no matter how sick I am. Even if I had been in an iron lung, I would have dragged it out of the hospital for our date. I'm not spilling all the details because that's between him and me. But I had a wonderful time. He did too. He was certainly smiling the whole time (and no, not because of THAT get your minds out of the gutter). Mr. C is a gentleman. He was very sweet, very funny, easy to talk to, maybe a little bit shyer in person than he has been on the phone. But overall it was a great date. I had to meet him in another town to save him 3 hours of driving to come here to my town. He was on his way to see his parents for Thanksgiving.

So when I got home last night, he texted me to see if I made it home safely and to tell me he had a great time. :-) Sigh. Swoon. And of course, he signed it "Luv J" (yes, I know. He's J too.) He even brought his camera, and we got some random lady to take our photo together. He's thoughtful too. Sigh. :-)

Anyway, I am paying for it today by feeling like crap again. So I'll take my meds and go back to bed and dream sweet dreams.

But I do have to say that last night once I was alone here in the house, I had a major meltdown from missing my J (my late husband). It was our first Thanksgiving apart in 20 years. I'm so thankful for him and so thankful that Mr. C gave me a happy Thanksgiving memory yesterday.

Life is really, really strange.

We were listening to this yesterday in the car...

No comments: