Saturday, November 15, 2008

Marking Another Sadiversary....

Today is the one year anniversary of the death of my dear friend S.

Yes, I really did lose two dear friends just two days apart. M's death was after a long illness, but S's death was like my J's - sudden and very much unexpected.

S was one of those people who lived every minute of her life. She was like a beautiful light brilliantly shining. She was one of those people who blew into the room like a tornado and then took over. She was bigger than life - loud, brassy, jolly, always in a hurry. She just swept you up in her wind and carried you away - kicking and screaming sometimes. LOL

I met S at work. She would bring me ads to design and with a flourish of her hand (on the way out the door) she'd say "Oh L, just make it spectacular!" She drove me up the wall with wanting starbursts on everything, making everything BIGGER, BOLDER, and the overuse of the font "Aachen" (which she always called "aching"). She was the BEST salesperson ever. I swear she could sell ice in the Arctic. I always promised her that if I ever won the lottery that I would hire her a full-time assistant to handle all the details. Then she could just do what she did best - mainly being herself.

At her memorial, people got up to speak about her. She had touched so many people and so many lives and gave so much to everyone without saying a word about it.

Everyone should have a larger than life friend like S.

The world is a lesser place because of your absence, S. God Bless your sons, your grandbaby, and your beloved K. It's been a tough day without you.

This is what you left us with S. I won't ever forget all the times you came in singing it or told me not to forget what it says. I won't ever forget.

No comments: