Saturday, August 30, 2008

One More because I'm Really Bored and Have the Time

I know it sounds like it, but all is not gloom and doom all the time. There are happy moments. (But I always feel guilty about having them.)

Exhibit A: I love my car.

No, I REALLY, REALLY LOVE my car. My car makes me happy. My friend named it the "Car of Rage" because it looks too happy. I love the Car of Rage because it goes fast, and most importantly, it has a really good sound system. Because I am all about the tunes (and driving fast). I still haven't learned all the alarms, flashing lights and quirks of the car yet. At least once a day (and at the most inopportune times), I set the panic alarm off. I had to get another friend to teach me how to use the cruise control. I never had it before. Several times I've caught myself trying to unlock the house with the little keyless entry thingie. Not too sure about why I keep doing that.

Exhibit B: I love my animals - most of the time.

I have two cats, H & K, and a dog, W. For the most part, they make me happy. Lately, the cats have been fighting a lot. And W has been pouty. My parents think that they need to feed them every 15 minutes. So now the animals think they should eat every 15 minutes. This is part of the reason I had to get the cat food last Saturday while I was crying at Wal-mart. The little buggers are going through the food like crazy.

See, I spend way too much time thinking about the cats. Crazy Old Cat Lady is showing up. But anyway, it makes me happy when they curl up in my lap or pile all their toys on the bed every night to keep me company.

Exhibit C: Television. Reality Television.

Stick a camera in somebody's face, and I'm so there. Maybe it's a holdover from when I worked at a television station? At any rate, I am hopelessly addicted to reality tv. Survivor, Amazing Race, Project Runway, Big Brother (I promised J I wouldn't watch it anymore, but he's not here to hold me to it), American Idol, Shear Genius, America's Next Top Model, The Hills - you name it, I probably watch it. And it makes me happy. Maybe I'm just nosey?

Exhibit D: Music.

I like pretty much everything except COUNTRY MUSIC. I do not like the country music. It's a long story that I might tell one day. Ok, I take it back. I like my Grandpa's music. He was a musician and played all over the place with all sorts of other musicians. He could play anything. I took up the piano at 8 years old for him. One day he sat down with me at the piano and said "Play something girl." I was only 8. I played this little song about the mailman from my beginner's book. Grandpa was really disgusted. He said "All those lessons, and you can't even play Your Cheatin Heart?" Grandpa thought that music wasn't created after Hank Williams.

But I digress.

I love Garbage. I want to be Shirley Manson. She's so freakin' cool. I love Nirvana. I miss Kurt Cobain screaming. I love Nine Inch Nails. I have mad, mad, mad love for Trent Reznor. Swoon... I love Duffy. She makes me cry which makes me happy. I know. It's convoluted. I love B.B. King. You would too if you ever heard him play Lucille in person. I have. Best concert EVAH. I love Stevie Ray Vaughan. Tin Pan Alley is simply amazing. It's the low down dirty blues. I love Rocco Deluca and The Burden. I have mad love for Rocco too. It seems I have a thing for dirty boys. Must be all these Saturday nights spent in the Loser's Club.

Exhibit E: I love my people. Great friends rock!

I'm surviving because of my friends right now. You peeps know who you are:

The Movie Girls (One more movie set in Greece, and we're taking a trip! I'll bring the Kleenex.)

Pirate Girl (my partner in pizza crime, long late-night talks and butt-loads of e-mails)

D & N (the fart-machine girls who check on me everyday no matter how busy they are and who actually want me to talk about my problems)

K (who was there when I needed her the most)

B & E (my true heart sisters forever)

T (my let's-talk-about-sex-and-all-things-TMI girl - dang you make me laugh even on days when it's all I can do just to exist on the planet)

and the Dirty Boys at work who keep me laughing and entertained all day while I'm trying to work already.


I got some things to be happy about.

Please, no comments about the grammar and spelling. I'm lucky just to make a complete thought these days.

No comments: